Monday, April 28, 2014

Octopus Pie and Tiny Kitten Teeth

I will continuing to read both Octopus Pie and Tiny Kitten Teeth well after this class is over.  Octopus Pie is that 20-something hipster that lives in the big city that has an adorable little cat.  The situations Eve gets in are so stereotypical, but the comic just takes it to the next level, which is why I just simply love to read it.  I will be graduating this semester and it seems only fitting to read this hilariously cynical comic.  Meredith Gran did a beautiful job of telling this depressing story of a girl with the stoner roommate because of necessity in a horribly self-depricating state of mind.  The employment situation Eve is in really hits home.  My biggest fear is to end up like Eve; good god, I mean I’m just one cat short of this. 


Tiny Kitten Teeth is just adorable.  The illustrations are adorable, the Tigerbuttah story line makes me want to melt.  Sometimes I have a hard time reading the comic because of the composition and font choice, but it is not always necessary to read it because the images are expressive enough to carry the story.  Plus it does not require a ton of mind power to enjoy this comic, which I love.  It reminds me of something I would have read as a child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment